COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONSPlease do not book a reservation unless all members of your party can meet one of these requirements. Failure to adhere to Maine travel restrictions will result in a cancelled reservation.
Dear Valued Guests,
We recognize that these are unsettling times and we know traveling may not feel the same. We want you to know that your safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), government mandates and local health agencies for the latest developments related to COVID-19. We are enforcing these agencies’ recommendations on the appropriate health and safety measures and will continue to make changes as necessary to our staff protocols and cleaning procedures.
With your safety in mind, we want to highlight a few of our existing processes and modifications made to recognize the challenges of these trying times.
Contactless Self Check-In
Many properties have recently been equipped with keyless entry allowing you to go directly to the property instead of an in-person check-in location. You will be provided instructions for your check-in seven days before the day of your booked arrival date.
For cancellations related to COVID-19, we have relaxed our cancellation policies. Should you not be able to reach us due to a COVID-19 related travel restriction, or if Sunday River Resort is not open during the dates of your stay due to a COVID-19 shutdown, we are able to cancel and fully refund your reservation. If your reservation is booked with a third party (Airbnb, Vrbo etc.), you may need to reach out directly to them to confirm that they are able to refund any of their fees that they charge the guest as part of the booking process.
If you are unable to make your reservation due to a travel restriction, we request that you cancel as soon as possible to allow for the possibility of a guest traveling from elsewhere to re-book the property.
For non-COVID-19 related cancellations, our standard cancellation policy applies.
Ski Lift Tickets
Sunday River has initially opened for season passholders, Ikon passholders, and ticket pack holders (New England 5-Day, Maine 4-Day & Threedom Pass) only, and plan to begin offering lift ticket access on December 14. Season Passes and Maine Four-Day Passes are on sale now if you need one.
In addition, we expect Sunday River to limit lift ticket availability for peak holiday periods and we will provide more information as it becomes available. Please contact Sunday River directly with questions regarding lift tickets and passes.
Condominium Pools, Hot Tubs, Saunas etc.
If you are staying at a Sunday River slopeside condominium (Brookside, Cascades, Locke Mountain, Sunrise, White Cap), please be advised that due to COVID-19 health concerns, the condominium associations have closed the pool, hot tub and sauna facilities. Exceptions to this closure cannot be made.
COVID-19 Screening, Within the Last 14 Days:
- Have you experienced new symptoms including: fever of 100 degrees or greater, cough or shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, muscle aches, or loss of taste and/or smell?
- Have you or someone you have been in close contact with been confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Has anyone you’ve been in close contact with exhibited any combination of the above symptoms without explanation within the last 14 days?
Guest & Employee Health
The health and safety of our employees and guests is our top priority.
- Guests will be advised to practice social distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while moving around the property.
- Cleaning staff are reminded to practice social distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other staff members.
- Cleaning staff will wear masks and gloves and are instructed on best hygiene practices when on premises.
- Case Notification. If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at our property, we will work with the guidelines presented by the CDC.
We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run properties, and we know this is more important than ever. Our cleaners use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines.
- Self-Catering Properties: All properties rooms are stocked with enough towels and linens for an uninterrupted stay. To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we are limiting visits to properties while guests are in-stay to emergencies only.
- Property Care: We are emphasizing cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean properties after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items such as television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, closet hangers, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, and luggage racks.
The Maine Ski Lodging Co. Team